SUVs have become a nationwide phenomenon, with fierce competition across every segment. Among these, the sub-compact SUVs under 4 meters have gained significant popularity.
Leading the charge in this segment is the Tata Nexon, a well-established model that is now due for a major facelift.
Tata Motors is actively working on this transformation, with the expected launch date set for next month, September.
If you’re eagerly awaiting this SUV and want to discover the changes coming to the updated model, you’re in the right place.
- Revamped Front-End: The upcoming Nexon Facelift will undergo a complete front-end makeover, characterized by a contemporary split headlamp design featuring LED DRLs on top and the primary headlight assembly on the front bumper. This redesign aligns the Nexon Facelift with other Tata SUVs, resulting in a sharper and more futuristic appearance.
- Redesigned Rear-End: Similar to the front, the rear will also receive a significant overhaul, boasting sleeker and sharper LED taillights connected via an LED brake light in between, bringing it up to the 2023 standards.
- Fresh Alloy Wheel Design: While the side profile remains unchanged, the Nexon Facelift will sport brand-new alloy wheels, likely with a dual-tone finish, while retaining the same 16-inch size as the outgoing model.
- Modernized Dashboard: The entire dashboard will see revisions, maintaining the primary layout while adopting a cleaner overall design. Tata has embraced a minimalist approach, drawing inspiration from the Tata Curvv concept. The interior will feature a dual-tone scheme with intriguing textures and new materials. Air conditioner vents will be notably different from the outgoing model.
- Enhanced Infotainment: The highlight of the interior is the new 10.25-inch touchscreen display, borrowed from the Nexon EV Max Dark Edition. It showcases Tata’s latest user interface, a substantial upgrade from the outdated 7-inch display in the current model.
- Innovative Steering Wheel: Another interior highlight is the two-spoke steering wheel design, debuting with the Tata Curvv concept. Positioned behind it is a fully digital instrument gauge cluster, offering advanced graphics and a wealth of driver assistance features and information.
- Modernized Air Conditioning Controls: The Nexon will replace physical buttons for the automatic air conditioning system with two toggle switches and capacitive touch buttons, simplifying the interface for users.
- Additional Features: Beyond the existing features, the new Nexon Facelift will introduce numerous additions, including a 360-degree camera system, front parking sensors, wireless smartphone charging, sequential turn signals, ventilated front seats, six airbags, a new electric sunroof, and more.
- New Engine: Reports suggest that the Tata Nexon Facelift will offer a brand-new 1.2-liter turbo petrol engine, although precise power figures remain undisclosed.
- New Transmission: Additionally, the company plans to introduce a new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, paired with the new 1.2-liter turbo petrol engine. This transmission option will be available in the top-spec variants.
The 2023 Tata Nexon Facelift promises a game-changing transformation, inside and out. With sleek design updates, advanced features, and enhanced performance, it’s set to lead the sub-compact SUV segment. Stay tuned for its exciting launch next month!